How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for an Energy Renaissance Innovator Award to benefit not only your studies and career but to make a difference to energy storage in Australia by sharing the knowledge you gain from your Award, we encourage you to apply.
Before you apply, we recommend that you read through the information found at the following links to ensure that:
• you are an eligible candidate and your Activity meets our requirements
• you understand the selection process
• you are familiar with the application guidelines as all applications must be made online.
If applying online presents difficulties, please contact Australian Battery Society to discuss your situation as support or reasonable adjustment can be provided. Using a different method to apply can only be considered in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Directors of the ABS.
How does the selection process work?
For your application to be successful, it is imperative that it meets the selection criteria. Every application for an Energy Renaissance Innovator Award will be assessed on its merits. In this assessment the ABS considers two distinct components of equal value:
Which may include:
- The need for this Activity in Australia
- The benefits of the Activity to electrochemical storage in Australia
- The itinerary and places selected to visit or attend
- The achievability and impact of the proposed Activity.
Which may include:
- Ability to maximise the opportunity of the Award (current standing and experience in the field, skills and/or expertise)
- Ability and commitment to make a difference after the trip (ongoing involvement in the field, leadership qualities, a strategic approach, networks)
- Ability and commitment to widely disseminate findings.
Applications will open soon for 2022.